New Year, New Goals by Priss

Hello and Happy New Year to all!!!

Are you one of those who close the old year reviewing the purposes completed and opening the new year by setting new goals to achieve?  I do.

Usually, I like to capture them in my Bullet Journal. However, this year I have decided to make a mini book where I can write "My Goals for 2022", so I can have it closer to hand, near my bed, and put the focus and all my energy on getting them.

If you like the idea and want to make yours, it is very easy. Keep reading and I'll tell you.

You only need to cut a 12x2.5 inches strip of lightweight cardstock. We are going to create a background only on one side of the cardstock. 

You can paint it with your favorite materials (use the colors that you like the most), or glue scrapbook paper, rice paper or cover it with your Gelli Print stamped papers (that's my case). Do what you like the most. Feel free to make your background however you like.

I also use white texture paste and a stencil with snowflakes. Then obviously I splattered with silver metallic acrylic.

Once you've cover or painted one side of the card stock, we mark it to fold every 3 inches. We will glue the two side flaps towards the center, following the folds. This is the cover of our little book.

Now, you only need strips of white paper folded in half (mine is laid paper). Try to make them a little smaller than the mini book covers.

Place them inside the book and tie them with a string. I used Baker Twine and then I attached some beads along with the word "Metas" (Goals). 

Now It's the happiest time to make decorations and compositions for the covers of our book, and also of course de inside part.

In my case, I used the lovely stamps of the set Night & Day Big, and the awesome words os the set Journal Words. I have created a composition of the sun, the moon and the clouds, together with lace, fabrics and threads. Just like I love.

I decorate front and back covers of my book.

Don't forget the inside part. In my case, first I stamped here and there some marks with permanent ink and some of the amazing stamps that Rubber Dance will release soon. 

Then I glued a piece of silk ribbon to facilitate the closing of the book and put on top the words that best resonate in my heart to face the goals of this year (Imagine, and Faith).

I also made a front-page for my papers and decorate it with this precious leaf stamp of the next January release. Don't miss it cause the new stamps are really wonderful.


I hope you like it and you are encouraged to do your version.

Don't forget we have a fabulous challenge to play with the moodboard of this month. Please check out our Inspiration post of January first and post your creations on our Facebook group Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge.

HUGS

Priss


This is the stamps I used 


Journal Words






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands