Dreaming of Spring by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today :)
Once the festive time is over and the new year has begun I find myself very much looking forward to Spring with warmth and flowers. I have already seen my first Snowdrops on 31 December so Spring really is just around the corner!
Today I'm sharing a page I made for my art journal, (there are no words, the journaling is later for me). It measure 8 inches by 8 inches and is full of texture and brightness and hopefully it will brighten your day as it did mine while I created it.


I used four wonderful Rubber Dance Stamp sets for my journal page; Textured Birds for the main character. Weed Love for background detail. Loose Florals #1 for the smaller flowers and Sketchy Flowers #3 for the big flower blooms.

Here's my tutorial:


If like me you sometimes find a blank page a little daunting, I nearly always start a project by adding background colour, for this page I used acrylic paints then applied white gesso through a stencil as those colours were very bright!!




To add more detail I stamped some of the beautiful images from Weed Love in black.


Another stencil, this time using texture paste.


Once the texture paste had dried I sprayed some lustre sprays and coloured the raised areas with gold paint and added some splats.


I then stamped some flowers directly to the page and coloured with watercolours to add more layers and depth to the background.


I then stamped the bird and flowers on white card and also coloured using watercolor paints before adhering them to my page.
 

To finish I added more splats here and there with black and white ink and some white highlights with a posca pen where needed.

I do hope you like my page, thanks so much for looking.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Here are the stamp sets I used:




For fun and inspiration please join us at the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook, here 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop