Think happy thoughts by Angie Coomber

 Hi arty friends,

How are you?

I've been playing with some brand new stamps, aren't they lovely?

I started by swiping some Distress Oxides on my craft mat, spritzing with water, then dipping my stamps in the ink and stamping on a piece of mixed media paper. I really like the multi-coloured effect you can get like this.


I used black ink to stamp the leaf shape across the page.


Next I used some Distress Crayons in matching colours to add some mark making and pops of colour.


I used the same swiping technique to create a pink/orange background, dried it and then stamped some flowers, which I cut out.



I also decided to use one of the other stamps from the set on a green gelliprint that was on my desk, then cut out the shapes.


Finally I assembled all the elements on the background until I was happy with the design and then glued everything down. 
Naturally I also added a quote!
I hope you love these new stamps as much as I do.


Until next time, 
Hugs from Angie x

Stamps used:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!