Bookmark "I Love You" by Priss

Hi Rubber Dance friends!! Priss writes you today.

Welcome to a fun tutorial using the whimsical roses from the set Doodle Flowers.

First, I chose one of the tissue papers that I showed you in my last tutorial video. If you want to know how to make them go to How to design your own tissue paper for Mixedmedia.

Then I cut a piece of white cardstock and glued the chosen tissue paper on top of it and punch a small hole for the eyelet. Et Voilá!

We have an easy and beautiful background ready to play over it with more layers. 

Now I proceed to stamp some Doodle Flowers on Bristol paper and color them, first with Alcohol Markers and then I give them some lights and shadows with my favorite colored crayons. To give it a more personal look I always end up using black and white Posca markers to make my personal dots and marks.

These whimsical roses will be our protagonists, but they need some friends to accompany them so they don't feel alone and abandoned. For this, I usually save leftovers from other projects, like all those that I have chosen to decorate this bookmark.

The Mixed Media Borders stamped over an old book page was a leftover from this tutorial.

The hearts embossed with Mixed Media Marks 3 were leftovers from this Journal Page Tutorial.  

Other things that I use a lot in my projects are silk ribbons and tangles of thread. They can not miss the party!!!

Now it's time to play around with the composition, even though the place was tiny. Here are some photos with details of the project.  I hope you like them as much as I do when making my bookmark.



Have you checked out our Facebook group Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge to see more wonderful inspiration? We have a fabulous Mood Board this month to help bring you ideas.

Thank you for your visit and enjoy your day!


Hugs, Priss

(My Posts | Instagram | Facebook)


Here are the stamps I used:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands