"Find Beauty" Art Journal Page Angie Coomber




Hello arty friends, how are you doing?

I have not done any proper art journaling for ages and remembered that I really liked these circle design pages so decided to have a play with some autumn colours.


I started by clear embossing some circles on my page.


Next I very lightly sketched a circle on my page and followed this up with my Distress Crayons. I usually draw my lines and then smudge them with my fingers, using a bit of water.


I used the same colour crayons to add some mark making. I thought the marks looked a bit harsh so smudged them a little.


The next step was to add some stamping using black Archival ink, as well as some magenta paint  splatter and marks made with a gift card .


I added some white mark making to make the colours pop a bit more.


I stamped my focal image onto a piece of gelli print, cut it out and glued it onto the page, together with a quote.



I have to tell you that I wasn't very happy with this page at the beginning, but often it's worth persevering and you end up with something you do like!


Until next time,
hugs from Angie x

Stamps used:
















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands