ATCs with Sketchy Flowers by Priss

Hello, I'm Priss and I welcome you to today's tutorial for ATCs with the unique flowers of the set Sketchy Flowers 1

These ATCs are easy and quick to make. You'll see.

First, I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to the size of 5 by 3 1/2 inches. 

For the background, I used a wooden shaped embossing folder. Before placing the Kraft paper, I painted the inside of the folder with dark brown distress ink, making sure that it is in the part where the veins will be deepest.

I then moistened the paper a bit before placing it in the binder and running it through the machine. As soon as it was embossed and dry, I applied cream colored distress ink over the wood grain that is sticking out.

The next step is to cut the paper in half to get two 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch ATCs.

On the other hand, I took an old book page and stamped on it with black ink some of the wonderful stamps from the Mixed Media Borders set.

I fill in the empty spaces on the stamps with my white gel pen. And then I tore strips of paper for each border stamp.

For my focal point, I started by stamping the flowers onto a mixed media piece of paper, then colored it in with my watercolors. I added some shading using colored pencils.

As always I made also a few points with a white gel pen to give them some light.

After that, it was time to make the composition with all the elements. 

For the sentiment, I used the word 'wish' from the set Journal Words. I stamped it twice with white embossing powder on black cardstock. 

Now I leave you with a few close-up photos.


You will find more interesting inspirations with the Sketchy Flowers #1 set here, here, and here

Please check out the other blog posts for a lot of inspiration from the team. We have a fabulous Mood Board this month to help bring you ideas and you have the opportunity to win a 10€ voucher for the store.

Bye, bye.


Priss

(My Posts | Instagram | Facebook)


These are the stamps I used



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi