Fungi Forest by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm sharing another page that's ready for my art journal. I shall probably use this page in the autumn when I go out on a mushroom hunt, I just wish I had a funky pink car like this one! 


This was a lovely, fun page to make, isn't it magic to take plain white and make something so colourful?


Here's how I began, by stamping the wonderful Rubber Dance stamps on to white card.


I then made the background using three colours of acrylic paint and some brown spray, keeping everything very random so it has an organic feel to it.


To complete the background and get my placing right I stamped directly on to the background.


Then came adding colour to the stamped mushrooms and car. I used watercolours and coloured pencils.


To finish I added highlights and details with Posca pens, some glitter on the road to make it magical and glossy accents to the shiny bits of the car and adhered it using foam pads so the shadow is natural and it really looks like it's whizzing through a forest of fungi.


Here's the complete page and the fabulous stamps I used are;





 For lots of inspiration please join us on Facebook in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge, you can find us here

I do hope you like my journal page, thanks so much for looking and I wish you a lovely day, Sam :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!