Gift Wrapping by Angie Coomber

 Hi arty friends, Angie here with an idea for wrapping your Christmas presents this year.


For the last few years I've been trying not to use wrapping paper that can't be recycled, but to use brown paper or old book pages (I think sheet music is particularly pretty) and adding interest by using homemade tags and pretty ribbon instead.

For these tags I cut black card into various sizes. I embossed some of them with a script stamp and white/gold embossing powder, and added white/silver splatter to others for the background.


Next I used a combination of Brushos and Paper Artsy Infusions to create some backgrounds for the Christmas trees (you know by now that I'm a fan of a production line process!)






For this I sprinkle a little of the powder on my craft mat, spritz on some water (I add a little gold mica powder to the water, which gives everything a delicious sparkly sheen), and then smoosh my card through everything until I'm happy with the result.

Once the card was dry I stamped a load of Christmas trees and cut them out.



Don't they look cheerful?!

Next I glued the trees to the tags and added a few tiny little stars for added sparkle.


Finally I wrapped a few small presents in sheet music paper, tied with various ribbons from my stash and tucked the tags under the ribbon.


What do you think?

Until next time, hugs from Angie x

Stamps used:















Comments

Mariken said…
Love this so much! Sparkling colors!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi