Come Fly With Me Tag by Dot

Hello everyone,
today I'm showing a tag that has been made for my tag journal.


Rubber Dance have some really gorgeous butterflies in their range.
These butterflies are called Butterfly Trio and they have a lovely
zentangle pattern in the design.
This makes it great for colouring.  

Here is a look at the background before anything was added to it.


There was some oxides swiped from the craft sheet, followed by
stenciling using the same colour.
Through another stencil I applied texture paste.
Then stamped Weed Love.

I added some hearts from Friends Fur-ever later on.


This next pic gives you an idea of how the butterflies have been coloured.


Again, swiping oxides from my craft sheet, remembering to dry between layers.
It looks messy! I agree. But once you cut them out they will look
totally different.
The colours are from our mood board this month, so too are the butterflies.



A white paint pen has been used to fill in some of the pattern
on the butterfly.
Remember your images will always looks better when you edge
them with a little black ink. 

My discovery this time around is how different sized brushes
will give you different sized splatters.
I've used a 1" brush to make big blobs.
It's always a little 'daunting' (or scary lol)
when you first do it.

And that is my tag!
I hope you enjoyed seeing it.

We have a monthly comp over on facebook.
There is a mood board for you to draw inspiration from.


We hope to see you there.


Stamps used on my tag are:

   


and the words are from:



and my hearts that were stamped onto the background are from:



Wishing everyone a crafty day!

Dot x




Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a beautiful tag Dot! Thank you so much for sharing this. It's so so pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands