Lollipop Trees and Grungy Stuff

Hello sweet Rubber Dance friends. My name is Ingunn and I am proud and honoured to be the Guest Designer for November.  Thank you so much to Susanne and the Team for having me! 
Even before I started stamping I found this blog and totally fell in love with the stamps, and the people here. The quirky, fun creativity, the inspiration, and kindness is unbelievable :)

So here are 2 cards with the colors for this month.





I decided to use my beloved 'lollipop' tree from the Carved Whimsy Wood set as the focal point. (I once put glossy accent on them, and they looked like lollipops.)  I started by a thin layer of Gesso, then I turned a used stencil upside down on the paper so the Gesso got onto my paper as a negative. I added acrylic ink, sprayed with water and wiggled. I used a baby wipe to rub off some paint from areas of the gesso.


I used stamps from Grungy Stuff and Mix A Sentiment 2 on the background. splattered with the paint I used on the trees, but I did not put enough water in it so it almost looks black. 


I embossed some trees and some of the grungy rings, painted in with water brush, cut them out and used them to ground the trees.  I decided to use the word imagine from Journal Words.  I stamped the words on paper and fussy cut them out.  It is not an easy or fast way to do it :)
On the first card I also used a tree from Four Seasons and Grungy Borders.
 Some close ups for you.



 

Inside with writing area and a gift certificate pocket.


I will be back later this month with another project. Until then keep crafting and join the challenge over at Facebook.

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Oh wow!!! These cards are so stunning!!! Love how they turned out!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button