Art Journal Page with Butterfly Girl by Dot

Hi everyone,
today I've been adding to my Rubber Dance
Art Journal using some of my favourite stamps.


For this page I had my boys on my mind and decided to leave them some advice.
One of the things that I really love about Mix A Sentiment
 is how you can stamp it out and use the words any way that you like.
For this I repeat stamped the word BIG to express what I wanted to say.

Here is a quick look at how this page came together.




I started by ripping up some book pages and gluing them down.
In my stash there was some left-over bits of tissue paper
where I had used them on a gelli plate, so on they went too, along with another 
couple of bits from the tissue box.
Some stamping has been added using Round In Circles, Mix A Sentiment and Doodle Borders #2
in smoked hickory archival ink.




The next step is a light wash of gesso painted over the top.
I switched over to my water colours and dripped some colours from the top and bottom edges.
Spritzing with a little water to get it moving a little more.
Once this was dry it was time to flick some of these water colours
across the page.
The edge is stamped with Doodle Borders #2.




Butterfly Girl #2 is from my stash also.
Her wings had been dipped in distress ink.
My boys are in their early twenties, so I chose
some words from Mix A Sentiment that
I thought suited where they are at in life.

I felt that the page needed some more stamping.
More circles have been added from Round In Circles and some
of these have been coloured with water colours.
And to bring it together a little more I flicked some black ink.




The Round In Circles came out again to add a spotlight for the Butterfly Girl to sit on.
It has been stamped with distress crayons which were put straight onto the stamp
which had been lightly spritzed with water.
It was time to add the words and Butterfly girl to the page.
I went around them all with a thick black fine-liner to finish the page off.

But is it really finished?
I will play with it some more another day.
That is part of the fun of Art Journaling.

Stamps Used Are:

           


Other Products Used Are:

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint
Water Colours
Archival Ink
Distress Ink
Distress Crayons


This month's challenge is underway!


This challenge is now over on face book.
if you click on the pic you will go straight to the 
Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge
where you can find out more about the challenge.

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
AMAZING!!! Love this journal page! It looks so beautiful!!!
ingunnsinekort said…
Gorgeous colors and texture! Great page:)

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button