Distress Oxide Spray Layering & Burned Edges Art Journal Page with video tutorial


Hi lovely Rubber Dance friends, today I have another art journal page for my mini album. I used a Distress Oxide Ink Spray layering technique and some super fun burned edges with the cute Vintage Postcard Stamp as a focal point.


For this page I used a fun distress oxide spray layering technique and you'll get some tips on how to get gorgeous texture. And I tell you all about how you can get pretty real burned edges on a card with tips on how to do this safe. Be sure to watch today's video to see the full tutorial.


I used Distress Oxides Spray - Peeled Paint and Victorian Velvet to colour the page. I stamped with the same colour ink pads and the Old Book Page stamp to add more texture to the background.


I used Distress Oxides Spray - Antique Linen as a base for the postcards to get a bit of an old worn look.


I stamped the Vintage Postcard stamp with vintage photo from the Distress Archival Ink Mini Pad - Kit Three. I added crunched up strips of paper to get a softer look and I was thinking about a stack of old cards that people in the movies saved with a ribbon in a drawer or a box for a nostalgic look.


 And I finished with a printed sentiment and Nuvo - Vintage Drops - Postbox Red to add some more of the red colour with a mat finish.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to keep on crafting!
Gerry van der Velden


 old book page     vintage postcard

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a cool project! Love the idea to burn the edges of the postcards! Thanks for the great video!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button