Art Journal Page with Butterfly Trio

Hi everyone, it's Dot here with a fun Art Journal tutorial for you.


I've been adding to my Art Journal gradually.  The aim has been to show different techniques
and different stamps each time.

Today I've decided to use Distress Inks to create a quick and easy background
topping it with the Butterfly Trio stamp set.
My Art Journal has pages that come out, which is great to work on. This time I've made a page myself out of white card to add into the art journal.
The reason for this is because the DI's look great on white card. The white makes the colours a little brighter.

Are you ready?  Here we go ...


To keep a little in line with this month's colours from our facebook challenge, I've swiped some Aged Mahogany and Fossilized Amber DI onto a craft sheet.
Spritzing with some water until it beads up it was a simple task to swipe the card through the ink.
I like to mop up by just patting the page into any drops that are left.

I've also swiped the Aged Mahogany onto a dinky stencil, spritzed, and 'stamped' this onto the background.




I was inspired by a recent you-tube clip by Suzanne (our illustrious leader)
about colouring with oxides.  With this in my mind I've coloured a few of the diamond shapes with Wild Honey oxides.  Just for fun really!
It is subtle, but I like it.




There is some random stamping with Old Book Page
and leaves from Crazy Flowers #2 to build up the background.
I've coloured the leaves with oxides too.
Then, again just for fun, I've flicked some blue and white paint onto the background.




This is a scrap piece from my stash where I had been playing with a gelli plate. I stamped the Butterfly Trio stamps.  Well the ones that would fit onto the scrap piece that is.




To finish, the butterflies where cut out and a little white gel pen detail added to the wings.
There is some shading with a black water colour pencil around the butterflies.
The Butterflies were edged with black ink.

The words were escaping me ... so I've written my own this time with a black fine-liner.
They say "change isn't all that bad"
and "beautiful things happen with change"
It will be a great reminder to me when I look back.

I will go back and add more detail to the leaves another day
... maybe add another colour to the leaves?  I'm not sure.  It will come to me.


Stamps Used Are:

   

Other Products Used Are:
Distress Inks/Oxides
Dinky Stencil
Gelli Plate Scraps


There is still time for you to enter our challenge this month over on our facebook page.


Just click on the pic and you will be taken to the group page.

In the meantime,
I hope that you've enjoyed the tutorial and I wish you all
a crafty week.

Happy Stamping!
Dot x







Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Thanks for this wonderful viewing, another one to try out.x
Susanne Rose said…
Super pretty work!!! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button