Art Journal Page with Grungy Butterflies by Evelyn

Hello lovely Rubber Dance fans, it´s Evelyn here today!

Today I want to share with you my art journal page, this time a very colorful and glittery one.
I used my all time favourite Grungy Butterflies and Small Grungy Butterflies stamps.


I started by tapping Distress Oxide stamp pads in mermaid lagoon, picked raspberry, blueprint sketch and twisted citron directly on my pre gessoed pages, spritzed them with water and dried them with my heat tool. I repeated the process until I was happy. 

After this I gave both pages another coat of white Gesso. This toned the colors down a bit and also made them water resistable. Next I stamped the rings and the circles from the Grungy Stuff stamp set with VersaFine Clair Morning Mist on the left side to start my composition.
To get even more texture I used the Mix a Sentiment #1 stamp with VersaFine Clair nocturne and stamped randomly to both sides of the page.

Time for the lovely butterflies:


I stamped one of the big butterflies from the Grungy Butterflies stamp set and one of the small ones from the Small Grungy Butterflies stamp set twice on white cardstock. I colored them with my Faber Castell Polychromos and bleded the colors with alcohol and fuzzy cut them.

Next I added liquitex ink! quinacridone magenta to my page, spritzed with water and  let the ink run over my pages. After drying I arraged the butterflies,  glued down my words, cut out from the Mix a Sentiment stamp and framed my page with a stamp from the Grungy borders stamp set and a black crayon.

I found something was missing, so I shaded the butterflies with black charcoal, surrounded them with a white posca pen and stamped the cute stars from the Merry Magpie stamp set. Now I wanted some "bling" and so I used my wink of stella brush pens in clear and pink and glued down some glitter hexagons.

I hope you like my page and will find time to join in our challenge on our facebook group!


Thank you for your visit today and have a wonderful sunday!

Stamps from Rubberdance:
Small Grungy Butterflies

Grungy Butterflies
Grungy Stuff

Mix a Sentiment #1

Merry Magpie

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Just wonderful!! I adore this spread and love the grungy background!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!