Fungi Fun by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm sharing a home decoration hanging I made inspired by walks looking for mushrooms. I love bright colours, did you know that mushrooms come in all colours of the rainbow?


This project was an absolute joy to create, all the layers made it lots of fun, it's also great fun to mix and match lots of different Rubber Dance stamp sets if you have them as they all work so very well together, here's how I did it.....


I began with a round piece of board measuring with a diameter of 8 inches, I die cut some circles from an old book I'm recycling and adhered them in place.


Using lots of brightly coloured acrylic paints and just one grey neutral, I quite randomly covered the whole area of the board.


The colours were very bright indeed and to help the details pop off the background I added some white gesso, just in some places and very thinly.


Using the Celestial and Sketchy Leaves stamp sets, I heat embossed some background details.


Again using Celestial for the sun and moon image and the Textured Mushroom stamp set I stamped all the images I needed on to white card and coloured using watercolour paints.


It took quite a while for me to decide the layout, when I was happy I adhered everything in place and finished the background with Vintage Postcard for the text and then I added some inky black splats.


Final finishing touches were highlights made with a glitter pen and a white Posca pen and a ribbon with colourful beads for hanging.


Here's all the stamps I used:






 Thank you so much for looking, for more inspiration you can find Rubber Dance Stamps on Facebook, right here.

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi