It's a Snowy Christmas by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,
is it snowing in your part of the world?
Where I live I can only dream of a white Christmas, it's usually hot here.
It doesn't stop me from making snowy scenes though.
I think it would be awesome to have a white Christmas.

Today I've a tutorial for you showing how to make 
this snowy Christmas card.




Are you ready to see how it is made?

Here we go.








My idea was to have the moon poking out from behind some clouds so
I stamped and masked some clouds before stamping the moon
in the middle of the masks.
The moon and clouds are from the stamp set called Celestial.








The masked were removed and then they were cut out in one piece. 
I wanted some extra clouds so I repeated this step.
After having a play around with some trees,
I decided to combine a tree from Textured Christmas Trees
with a tree from Whimsical Winter as I liked the snow on the top of them.
The same masking technique used for the clouds was used for the trees.
Then they were cut out as one piece as well.







As I had used a moon, I thought it might be nice
to have a dark background to represent night time.
This is a grey ink, but when the water was added to it
there were purple patches in it.
I was thrilled!
Straight away thoughts of snow came to mind.
That will be added later.







You might not be able to see it, but I've ripped up some paper
and created snow drifts using the same colour ink as that used for the background.
The snowflakes, from Whimsical Winter, are done with white EP.








I have coloured the Christmas Tree and clouds using 
water colours and pencils.







And here is the falling snow!
The stamp is from Whale Wishes.  
The bubble stamp makes for great snow don't you think?
I splattered some white paint at this stage too.
You can never have too much snow falling.







Because it is night time I decided to add a little grey
colouring to some of the snowballs falling from the sky.
I edged the card with black ink to finished the background
and then decided at the last minute to add some Old Book Page
 randomly to fill in a couple of spots.

I can't help myself lol.

To finish, the pieces have been attached and the 
background matted onto black and white card.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Please let us know if you give it a go.
We would love to hear how you went.


The stamps used were:















If you are in our facebook group you might enjoy playing
along with our Mood Board.




My inspiration today came from the trees, the colour grey,
the scenery and the circles.


Wishing everyone a crafty day.
Dot x










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands