Strong Heart Card by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,
The last of my Christmas visitors left today and all is quiet
in the house today.
It's time to set up my craft table again and have a little crafting fun.

I hope that you have all had a wonderful few days over Christmas.

Today's card is one that was made using Believe In You
along with Old Book Page and Doodle Borders #2.

I think with Covid we see so many people with a "good heart"
and that was what was on my mind when making this card.



This is a nice and easy card to make that is
filled with a wonderful message.
Susanne has a beautiful way with words when she designs
the stamp sets for Rubber Dance.

Here is a closer look at the card.



This is around the half way mark of the card.
I had stamped the lady and masked her off to begin with.
The stenciled background was added with a soft layer of ink.
Then some 2nd generation stamping using a Doodle Border stamp
that gives the impression of the leaves coming up from behind her.

The mask was removed and more stamping was then added.
This is a great way to give the impression that the leaves are also
in front of her.
Hopefully the effect is that she is in amongst the leaves.





I really like the words that come in the Believe In You stamp set.





I wanted to have the words 'good heart' stamped across her heart
so I masked off the words that I didn't want to use before inking up the stamp.
Repeat stamping gives a lovely fading effect.

The leaves have been coloured with a pencil.
Extra stenciling was added with black ink.
And I had masked her again to add tone-on-tone stamping in the background
using Old Book Page.





Some hearts were added to match the words that I had chosen.

These hearts are from the "From Moo To You" stamp set,
but you will find hearts scattered through many of the Rubber Dance sets.


And that is it!
I hope you have enjoyed this card.

The stamps used are:

Believe In You


Doodle Borders #2


Old Book Page



There is still a little time left before the end of the month
for you to join in our monthly Mood Board challenge
over in our facebook group.



I have used a couple of the colours from the Mood Board
as my inspiration this time around.
What inspires you when you look at the Mood Board?


Wishing you all a crafty day!

Dot x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands