Art Defined. A Tag by Dot.

Hi everyone,
I hope the sun is shining where ever you are in the world.
Today's tutorial is a mixed media tag.
It was great fun to make and I hope you enjoy it.

Last year I decided to start collecting my tags and
 then pop into an art journal.
It has been slow going but this tag will be added to that journal.


There are lots of layers on this tag,
 so I will walk you through how they all came together.




There are a couple of steps involved before making a start.

Firstly, one of Susanne Rose's videos on her You-tube channel had something
in it that peaked my curiosity.
It was colouring tissue paper with brushos.
I really wanted to give this a go.

Secondly, on my last project where we explored generation stamping with Da Vinci stamps,
I had used scrap pieces of photo copy paper to stamp off onto.
These off cuts were saved for collage work
 and I decided to use them on this tag.

The background is a collage made with these off-cuts and brusho tissue paper.
It looked a little bright so I have given it a white-wash of gesso.




This layer has some water colour paints (in a wine colour),
along with paint added through stencils,
and then some more paint was added and wiped away through stencils.
This adds more depth to the background.




Time for some random stamping!
The stamps chosen are Art Defined and Grungy Borders.




The Elephant is one of my favourite stamps.
 I have started a collection of inked
elephants in my stash.

I stamped the word dream from Art Defined.
Quite a few Rubber Dance stamp sets have hearts
so I used one of these to stamp some pink hearts in the background.
Finishing with some washi tape that had hearts on it.

The final touches were splattering some black ink,
trimming the top into a tag shape and
edging it with black ink.



The stamps used on my tag are: 

You can also find this image on the African Animals stamp set.






A reminder that we have a Mood Board Challenge
over on facebook.


Wishing you a crafty day!
Dot x

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a beautiful tag! I love all the layers! Thank you so much for sharing a tutorial!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi