Journal Prompt Cards by Angie Coomber


Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.

I spent a long time trying to come up with an idea for this blog post because I wanted it to be something useful. Although I have plenty of time to make art at the moment I often find myself sitting at my desk staring into space, not knowing what to do with myself. Then I remembered a set of journal prompt cards I made last year in a lovely online class with Katy Leitch as part of the Mixed Up Creative Wellspring Series 2019. I think it's a really useful tool when you're at a loose end with your art journaling.


I started by creating a background for the cards, using some of my go-to colours, Dina Wakley's paints in Fuchsia, Cheddar & Turquoise. 


I used the same colours (plus white) and some of my Tim Holtz stencils to add more texture.


Next I added some background stamping, using the Rubber Dance Grungy Borders, Grungy Stuff and"Mix A Sentiment #2 stamp sets.



I used the leftover paint on a sheet of paper, and then stamped flowers and leaves from the Rubber Dance Crazy Flowers #1 set.



I cut the card into smaller, ATC size pieces (3.5x2.5in) and cut out the flowers & leaves, then stuck these onto the cards.



I typed out some prompts on my typewriter, cut them out and glued them onto the cards.

Finally I added some white doodling with my Posca pen.



If you can't think of any prompts there are lots of places on the internet where you can find inspiration.

Look after yourselves and stay safe.

Hugs from Angie x

Rubber Dance Stamps used here:


https://www.rubberdance.de/big-sheets/crazy-flowers-1/ https://www.rubberdance.de/small-sheets/grungy-borders/ https://www.rubberdance.de/small-sheets/grungy-stuff/ https://www.rubberdance.de/small-sheets/mix-a-sentiment-2/

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Thank you so much for sharing these super amazing ATCs! It's such a fab idea and they turned out beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!