Tutorial Tuesday - A Mini Album by Sue

Good morning and happy Tuesday, it's Sue here with my tutorial for my very easy to make mini album. Here's the front

and here's the back.


 I started by cutting the pages for my album. I've used the Eileen Hull passport die as I think this is a fab size. Plenty of room for your images but not so big as to be intimidating. I've used chipboard for my covers, and a mixture of black, white, and watercolour card for the pages.

 I've used canvas for the binding as this is really tough and flexible. I've inked it up with Distress Inks just using the primary colours, that way where they meet they will make new colours and not mud. I know you probably know this but it took me years of mud before I really got it!

 Just look at the size of this Music stamp, it's a real whopper! I inked it up and laid my binding on top of it.

 These were two practice pieces from a previous project. The stencilling was too intense for my card, but it's just fine for the insides of my covers. The stamp is Summer Love, and it's one of my favourites.

 These are the stamps that I chose for my album covers, Curious Cat and Funny Fungi. They've been stamped onto watercolour card with black archival and put to one side to dry completely.

 Once dry I painted the images with masking fluid. I also 'blobbed' (it's a technical term amongst us artists dahlings) the masking fluid around the images with the round end of a paintbrush. Again this was put aside to dry - the thicker blobs took about 30 minutes.

 To colour my images I just smooshed Distress Ink on my mat and spritzed and smooshed.

Then I gently rubbed off the masking fluid and drew a border around my cat. I went around my images with a yellow Ecoline pen to give them a bit of a glow.

To finish it was just a case of attaching the stamped cards to the chipboard covers, joining to the binding, and adding some ribbon as a closure.
And there we are, all done! The pages are also cut out with the die, and they just slot in and out when you want to work on them.
I hope you like my album, it was fun to make and I'm looking forward to filling with my Rubber Dance makes.
Have a lovely day, and thanks very much for looking x




Comments

Awesome project❣ Love it so much!
Karen said…
Love this Sue x
Gerrie Johnnic said…
Really cool! Love that cat!
This is lovely Sue. I adore the passport Die and I love the imagery and colours you used. Tracy ❤️❤️
So beautiful Sue ! I love it!!!
Sue said…
Thank you Melina xx
Sue said…
Thanks so much Karen xx
Sue said…
Thanks Gerrie,I love the cat too! xx
Sue said…
Thank you Tracey, I love the size of this die, not too intimidating xx
Sue said…
Thanks so much Susi xx
Susanne Rose said…
Amazing work Sue!!! Love it!
Sue said…
Thanks so much Susanne x
Craftyfield said…
Great make Sue! The stamps fit exactly on the passport pages and you did the colours so well!
Mia said…
Gorgeous! Thank you so much for the tutorial, my friend.
Bibi Lindahl said…
What a stunning album, Sue! I love your choice of colours for the cover, so bright and happy, I imagine you smiling every time you look at your album and it makes you want to fill it with gorgeous pages (and I know you will!). Thank you so much for the tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
Thank you Christine xx
Sue said…
Than you Mia xx
Sue said…
Thank you Bibi :-D xx
Redanne said…
I love the Passport die too Sue and you have used it beautifully. The images on the covers are fabulous (the cat is just adorable) and I love the effects left by the masking fluid. A brilliant tutorial too!! Hugs, Anne xx
Sue said…
Thank you so much Anne xx
Scrumptious colours on your covers, and the stamps are so cool. Lovely step out photos taking us through the book construction, and I love the textured canvas spine. Great to have you joining us at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x
Lemon Creation said…
This is stunning Sue! Love the book! xo
Oh I love this amazing creation Sue, you are one very clever lady you know 😍
Hugs
Donna xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button