Tutorial? it must be Tuesday

Hello everyone! Debs here with a tutorial for you, using some brand new stamps. 



I designed this stamp for Rubber Dance to be used in lots of different ways. Today I share how I’ve created this retro feel tag, with its own little mason type jar.




To start I created a crackle background by first painting tag blue, then adding the crackle medium and once dry the last coat is a gorgeous cream paint.





Next I stamped my focal point and little extras for interest. Note how it didn’t stamp fully in the middle. If that happens with you, don’t worry -   just add in the lines with a fine black pen, as I did. Stamping over a rough surface can be tricky, so a top tip is to use your stamp platform if you have one, as you can re-stamp it at the exact same place.




I heat set the tag a placed it to the side while I worked on the jar. I stamped it and cut round it so it was ready to decorate.





Using Artist Pitt Pens I added some colour, I wanted to keep it translucent this time but you could easily use an opaque acrylic paint, which would look quite affective. Once happy with the colour I wound some fine twine around the top of the jar and then added a tiny heart from my set of whiteboard hearts which I had pieced so I could thread the twine through so that it could hang from the twine. I coloured this in the same way but gave it a rust colour.




Again using the Pitt Pens I built up the colours of the different flowers and leaves.




Once it was all dry, I added some highlights with a Gel Pen and the sentiment. I thought I was finished but couldn’t leave it alone so added some white dots to some flowers and some yellow pearl drops from Nuvo by Tonic Studios.

I used 3D tape behind the jar below the twine and glued on the twine to adhere it to the flowers, this helped to give it a 3D effect





To finish I edged the tag in gold and added a twine bow.


I do hope you like this tag as I had so much fun creating it.

The stamp set I used:


Take care
Hugsxx 



Comments

Sue said…
This is gorgeous Debs, I always love crackle, and your happy flowers look beautiful in their jar xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous tag, Debs! I really like the 3D effect of the mason jar - nice touch! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanks Bibi I had so much playing with the stamps x
Lemon Creation said…
Love it Debs! The crackle and jar with twine is just perfect! xo
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous tag Debs, the colours are full of the joy of spring and your stamps are perfect for this!
Thank you Christine x
Awesome tag Debs, I especially love how you did the jar 😍
Hugs
Donna xx

Popular posts from this blog

Greeting Card with Distress Oxide Background - Video by Susanne

Always Sparkle - Envelope Book Tutorial by Sue

Atc´s Textured Birds by Verónica

Rubber Dance June Challenge