Simplicity Sunday - The Merry Magpie by Sue

Good afternoon and a very happy Sunday, it's Sue here with my quick, simple, and ever so slightly blingy piece.

I love to create my backgrounds with paint and a brayer, and for every days background pieces you also have a mop-up sheet where you clean up your brayer.  This is one of those sheets, I've just chopped it down to size and brayered a border.
I fixed the Merry Magpie to my stamping platform along with the sentiment from the same set. I always like to use this when I'm stamping over lots of paint so that I can re-stamp if I need to, then I embossed with jet black embossing powder.
I stitched it all into my black album, and as all magpie's like a bit of the shiny, I added a few (lots) of sequins.
I hope you like him, and thanks very much for looking xx






Comments

Craftyfield said…
Yeah... my mop-up sheets don't look like that! Yours is lovely and perfect background for the Merry Magpie!
Sue said…
Lol thank you Christine, have a fun week xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Fabulous mop-up sheet, Sue! I really like this kind of backgrounds and it looks as if the magpie does as well. Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Wonderful page! Love it❣
Sue said…
Thank you Bibi xx
Sue said…
Thank you Melina :-D xx
There's nothing wrong with a little bling Sue.. Just the right amount!! Perfect background matching well with the stamp and sentiment. Fabulous.
Hugs for a creative week ahead Tracey xx
Sue said…
Thank you so much Tracey xx
SewPaperPaint said…
Sue, this really makes me want to get into my paints! I just love your background and this gorgeous stamped image. Such an amazing project. Hugs, Autumn
Ink Art Designs said…
I love the randomness of brayering! This is a gorgeous cover Sue x
Sue said…
Thanks so much Autumn, an yes, you must get your paints out!
Sue said…
Thank you Dot :-D xx
This is gorgeous Sue, love it xx
Loving your blingy Magpie Sue, fab creation 😍
Hugs
Donna xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button