Happy Birthday card with some newbies and some oldies Rubber Dance stamps

Hello my dear friends, it's Anita from the Design team here with you today.

Can you believe that it's already November?! Absolutely amazing how fast time goes by.

Anyway, as you probably know, the optional theme for this month challenge is Birthday, along with Bibi's (the owner of Rubber Dance stamps) favorite colours, pink, purple and turquoise.

Bibi turns 50 in exactly one month, i.e. on 4 December, and in that regard she wanted to see lots of birthday cards, and that she should get, right?

Here is my card for Bibi:


I've used the beautiful stamps from the new set Watercolour Xmas and turned them upside down so they were balloons instead of Christmas baubles.  The elephant is from the set African Animals and the happy birthday is from the set Beautiful Words, which is also completely new.  Tiny hearts are from the set Watercolour Xmas, the stars are from Textured Houses, and numeral 50 is from the set Pick a number.  The hearts, number and stars inside the balloons are stamped and embossed with dark turquoise embossing powder.  The same as I did with the text Happy Birthday.

Inside the card:
The little happy man is from the set Rock Carvings

Here is some close ups for details:



I stamped the balloons with Distress Ink in the colors pink, purple and turquoise and colored them with Distress ink and brush.  I have drawn loops with black pen and glued on black sewing thread.



The elephant I stamped with brown Archival ink and colored with watercolour pencils in several brown-gray shades and blended with a water brush. The balloons are tied around the elephant with black sewing thread.

So, that's it for this time. Now it's your turn to make a great card for a wonderful woman and join the Challenge.

I wish you a gorgeous and creative weekend. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to make a card for Bibi.

Hugs, Anita


Comments

Craftyfield said…
Lots of great ideas on this card Anita, the clever use of the baubles as balloons for a start! A beautiful card! Plus, I can never resist that gorgeous elephant image...
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Anita! ♥ This card is fabulous!! I LOVE the way you have coloured in the elephant, which happens to be my fave animal (I collect figurines since I think the live ones belong in the wild...). Such a clever idea to use the Watercolour Xmas bauble for balloons!! I hadn't thought of that possibility, but I'll certainly "steal" that idea ;) Thanks again, sweetie! *mmmwwah*
ionabunny said…
Well, I was thinking about sending you a real elephant but he wouldn't stay still long enough to get the paper round him. ROFL. Hugz
ionabunny said…
Love this Anita. He looks like he's floating whilst walking down the sentiment. Love your balloons. Great idea with the bauble stamps. Hugz
Susanne Rose said…
Awesome card!!! Love the balloons!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button