Thinking of You

Hello, everyone!  It's Melissa back with one more post as a guest designer here at Rubber Dance Stamps.  This time, I created a clean and simple thinking of you card!



I stamped both the bee image & sentiment (Just a Note set) in black ink to begin.  Crystal Effects were then applied to the wings to add some shine.  While that was drying, I watercolored the body using black and yellow watercolors.  The yellow watercolor actually has some shimmer to it (see photo below)!


Once everything was dry, I mounted the main panel on black cardstock to create a frame and then popped up the assembled piece with foam dots to add dimension.

I don't know about you, but I need a basic greeting card like this quite often.  This one is so easy to make and I can't wait to make more of these to send to friends and family!

Stop by my blog when you have time this week as I have another clean and simple creation to share with you!

Thank you so much, Bibi, for this guest designer opportunity!  It's been fun and such an honor to showcase your wonderful stamps!

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Melissa! I love your card! So clean and easy with an elegant finish.
I am a big fan of your CAS cards so it's been an honour having you GD two times this month! ♥
ionabunny said…
Love this. Beautiful CAS. So striking. Hugz
Melissa said…
Awww thanks, Bibi! This bee image is quickly becoming a favorite in my stash! So many occasions you could use it for!!!
Thank you for having me as GD this month! I enjoyed it! :)
Melissa said…
Thank you so much, Gail! I'm glad you like it! :)
This card was absolutly stunning, Melissa! Simple but beautiful ❤️
Hugs, Anita
Craftyfield said…
CAS cards as well as having appeal to most people show off stamped images to their best effect. The details you've added (shiny wings & body)to the bee make all the difference, Melissa. Simple but beautiful.
Susanne Rose said…
Beautiful CAS card, Melissa! xx Susanne.
Melissa said…
Thank you, Anita! :)
Melissa said…
Thank you, Christine! I love CAS design!!! ;)
Melissa said…
Thank you so much, Susanne!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button