Matchbox Book by Angie Coomber

 Hi arty friends,

how are you all?

This time I have made a little matchbox book for you, I hope you like it.


I have a Tim Holtz matchbox die so I cut a couple matchboxes first. Before assembling I coloured them with Paperartsy Infusions. I made a few but I only finished one of them here.


I added some stamping with the Doodle Borders stamp set using Distress Oxide inks.
I also added some gold splatter (naturally!) and gold mark making.


I chose some shades of red and green/blue acrylics and painted them onto a piece of card, then stamped flowers and leaves from the Crazy Flowers set and cut them out.


I also used my watercolours to do some mark making on a sheet of ledger paper, then cut a zig zag book to fit in the matchbox from a piece of card. I glued the ledger paper to both sides of the book.


Next I assembled the box (I use double sided tape), then decorated both the box and the book with the leaves & flowers, and added a word sticker to the front of the box. Once you have made your box you can use it for so many things - pictures, small gifts, journal prompts, gift vouchers, inspirational quotes...be warned, it's addictive!







Stamps used:




Comments

Julie S said…
What a delightful little book!!
Susanne Rose said…
What a lovely idea. Your box turned out so pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands