You are beautiful - A mixed media card

Hello and welcome beautiful friends, Anita here today to show you a mixed media card I've made, step by step. Please ask if you have any question, I'll be delighted to answer all of them!

Here is my card. I was inspired by a video I saw on YouTube to make this card with a lot of Rubber Dance stamps ephemera.

Front
Back
I started with black cardboard I cut to size 29 x 18 cm, which I folded on 11,5 cm and 3,2 cm.


 Then I took the white card board and embossed it with the grungy swirls stamp with Lindy's Angel Wing Gold and Midnight Bronze embossing powder.



Then I sprayed with Lindy's sprays in pink a little here and a little there


The same I did with the turquoise and brown sprays


When it's all dry I cut the paper into four pieces.


I distressed  around the edges.


Then I glued them on the black card stock.
I used a stencil and modelling paste to get some depth on my card, I forgot to take a picture of that sorry about that.


I stamped the vintage postcard stamp with brown Archival ink on white card stock

And I stamped the Vintage Script stamp with Rose Madder Archival Ink on white card stock

 The flower I stamped twice just to cut them out and use the green leaf,

 and painted the flower with pink water colour

 then I glued them together
I cut out the middle of a little doily

 and embossed it with Lindy's Angel Wings Gold embossing powder to to achieve little gloss


 I stamped the butterfly stamps on white card stock and coloured them with watercolour

 I stamped the flower on white card stock and coloured it with watercolour

 And cut them out

 I distressed the white card stock with tattered rose Distress Ink

 And the postcard with gathered twigs Distress Ink

 This bright pink butterfly I bought at Ikea. They were sold in packages as gift decorations


I embossed and sprayed it the same way as the white card stock as I showed above

 It turned out beautifully. I love butterflies!

 I stamped the sentence you are beautiful on a painted card stock

 When everything was dry I pasted everything on the card with glue gun.

Here is some details:

I  glued down some small beads, tread and iron embellishment on the card, and also some glitter on the butterflies and the flowers. I also used the turquoise spray and a brush and painted a little turquoise here and there on the edge of the embellishments/ephemera.


 I colored  the beautiful lady with watercolour. Her skin, cheek, lips and hair.









On the back of the card I've glued down some old sheet music and some tread


This was very fun making and I think I'll make more of such cards in the future. I hope you liked it and that I gave you some inspiration. All the stamps I've used on this project you can find in Rubber Dance online store. Below is a list with link to the stamps.


- Antique Botanicals
- Beautiful Words
- Da Vinci Woman #1
- Grungy swirls
- Vintage Script
- Vintage Postcard

Thank you very much for your visit and with this, I wish you a happy Easter.

Please don't forget the Challenge this month, we would love to see what you creating.

Hugs, Anita

my blog: http://nitisartfromheart.blogspot.no/

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW!! Fantastic card, Anita! Thank you so much! ♥
So many pretty details and lovely colours. Really beautifully done!!!
Thank you for the step by step and photos to show the fab details!
xx
Love, love, love!!!
This card is so beautiful💚💚💚
Helt underbart kort Anita ❤
Sue said…
Anita this is gorgeous, thay you so much for sharing how it came together (and for giving me more stamps for my wish list lol) Have a wonderful Sunday xx
Ink Art Designs said…
Wow Anita! This is incredible. The detail is incredible. You're amazing at layering, and I'm with you - there is just something so beautiful about flowers and butterflies.
Dot x
Dora said…
What a beautiful creation. And a beautiful tutorial. Thank you
Mac Mable said…
Wow what an amazing project. Such attention to detail, lots to look at, thank you for the inspiration x
Wow such a beautiful card :) thanks for the detailed tutorial, loved it!
Ooooh this is soooooo beautiful
Hugs
Donna xx
aussie aNNie said…
Anita this is just gorgeous, thanks for the step by step and absolutely amazing.xx ♥[aNNie]
So many beautiful elements Anita, your breakdown and instruction shows just how much work you have put into this card. You have achieved fabulous results.. Hugs Tracey xx
Susanne Rose said…
Oh wow!!! Your card is briliant Anita. So many details. Love it. xx Susanne.
Jackie PN said…
So lovely Anita!
Jackie xx
Fliss said…
Wow! So much detail on here Anita and love thevintage look to your creation.
Fliss xx
ionabunny said…
This is so lovely Anita. Love all those bits of ephemera. Love the lady in the doily and the beautiful butterflies. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button