A Journal Page

Hello everyone Debs here with my second Guest Designer piece for this month. I'm sharing a Page from a new journal, which is one of my favourite places to create. This one by Dina Wakley has different textured pages giving more variety with which to play. It's a nice size and feels lovely too. I'm definitely hooked. It was the perfect substrate to host the wonderful stamps I was going to use.

 

Here are a few of the steps of how I created my page.
The first layer is white Gesso, followed by splashes of warm colours from Media Line by Ranger

 

More layer of complimentary colours then contrasting colours, the Fluorescent Pink is from Golden.




I created a frame as I intended to stamp the feature in the centre. To add more contrast I used the flowers from Textured Flowers 



I built up their colour with a Paint Pen in White, I added a bed of flowers from Textured Spring finishing with the bird which I stamped and cut out. All the elements were coloured with the paint pens. The bird and sentiment are both from A little birdie 

A last look!




Sending hugs to you all xx








Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
I LOVE your art journal page!! There is so much depth in this, as if the base (middle of frame) is far behind the birdie and flowers.
The frame you made is so bold and striking, very nice contrast to the delicate birdie and flowers. I also love how you stamped the white flowers on top of the frame, also delicate in their transparency. Nice touch with the white pen.
Thank you so much, Debs! ♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you Bibi, I really enjoyed making this, it all flowed! Xx
Unknown said…
Love this. The colours are so vibrant.
The flowers are beautiful and I love the bird stamp and words.
Xx
Jackie PN said…
Very beautiful page Debs!
Jackie xx
Sandie said…
That's a lovely page Deb. So Spring like!
I was feeling the liveliness of spring lol. Thanks for leaving a comment x
Sue said…
It really is beautiful Debs, and as Bibi says there's a real feeling of depth xx
Chrissy said…
Simply stunning..
Artmadnana said…
So gorgeous Debs. I love the colours. So vibrant which is what I love to produce too. A fascinating step by step. I love the way you apply the paint. Must have a go at that today. Thanks for great inspiration.
Thanks Chris, would love to see what you create 😊
This is just Brilliant Debs!! Beautiful background and stamping!!
Loved it! such a beautiful background and scene :) love the vibrancy of the colors.
Thank you Shilpa 😊
Thank you Preeti😊
Fabulous spring-into-summer canvas, Deb - it's so full of colour and joy. A great guest spot.
Alison x
Thanks Alison and for your other comments, you are so kind xx
Fliss said…
This is amazing Debs! Such wonderful depth and colour to your page and love how the flowers frame the pretty bird.
Fliss xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button