Easter Time

Hello everyone Debs here. I'm delighted to start my Guest Designer time with Rubber Dance. It's such an honour to join the talented team and get to play with some of the fabulous stamps. Today's project is inspired by my favourite season spring, which has just started here in the UK. I love the newness of life which spring brings, and this can be seen all around me at the moment as the fields are full of new lambs and the hedges are carpeted in daffodils.


 

I cut out the basket shape and added the colour randomly with a brayer. I stamped it with a variety of flowers from Textured Flowers and then gave them a coat of white acrylic to ensure the colours are bright.

 
I used water soluble pencils to add colour to flowers. Once dry I added more pencil for shading.



The basket effect was created with a white pen to represent wicker. Then I assembled it.


 
The other elements are from Textured Spring and fitted my theme perfectly.

I continued with the pencils to add colour and finished with some soft pastels

 

I hope you like my first project
Take care
Hugsxxx 
 

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, Debs - what a debut as our in-house Guest Designer!! Your easter decoration is stunning!! The white pen you used to represent wicker looks really nice and adds so much life to the basket. Absolutely FAB looking decoration!! Thank you so much, darling! xx
awesome project!! love those lil chicks :)
cheers
preeti
What a magnificent piece Debs, love the way you have constructed and decorated your Easter basket a great carrier for little Easter Eggs. The textured spring stamps were made for projects like this, such a delightful creation. Thank you so much for sharing.. Hugs Tracey xx
I love your easter basket, Debs! It is so pretty.
Hugs, Anita
aussie aNNie said…
Love this Easter basket and those cute stamps used. Well made, xx ♥[aNNie]
Sue said…
This is really lovely Debs, full of colour and new life. I love it xx
Lin said…
ooo Debs I love it well done on your first piece with Rubber Dance xxx
ionabunny said…
Welcome Debs. Gorgeous and fun project. Great tip with the gesso and the flowers. Love it. Hugz
Mac Mable said…
Amazing project. Great attention to detail and such a fun basket x Thank you for sharing and for your fabulous inspiration x
Julie S said…
It's wonderful!
Thank you so much xx
Thanks Preeti, they are fun😊
Thank you for your lovely comment Xx
Thank you Annie, and for the followxx
Fliss said…
This is so pretty Debs, the little basket is fabulous and so beautifully decorated. Love the flowers you've added too.
Fliss xx
Unknown said…
You brought EASTER fun and happy memories right into my heart with your creativity Debs. WONDERFUL. Xj.
Susanne Rose said…
Your Easter basket is so amazing! I love how you've decorated it!!!
Jackie PN said…
Debbie, this is so adorable!!
Jackie xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button