Fear nothing - Mixed Media ATCs


Hi!
Guest designer Melina here. 
I´ve made some ATCs and have a step-by-step tutorial for you.


I started with a paper I made while playing with my daughter. You need acrylic paint, water and a little bit of dish soap in a mug. Take a straw and blow bubbles, and then put your paper on the bubbles to catch the paint.


I cut the paper to size (2,5" x 3,5"), and stamped the backgrounds
I ended up using 6 of the cards for this post.


Made some splashes with white gesso blended with water. I also used the gesso/water to lighten up the middle of the cards for the faces to show better.


I picked some small paper flowers from my stash and glued them down with gel medium.


I colored the flowers with the same acrylic paints that I used on the background paper. I blended them with water, and also sprayed water on the flowers, so the color should bleed out and blend well on the flowers.


Here are the other 4 cards.

On the "beast" card I stamped the rhino on white paper and cut him out. 
Just added a little doodling and staples.

On the "beautiful" card I stamped the smaller version of the face to a tissue paper, punched out a circle and glued it down with gel medium. When dry I doodled it into a flower.


On the "wild" card I stamped the giraffe on white paper and cut her out, and the wings on tissue paper and cut them out too. I glued the pieces down with gel medium and added a little doodling with white gel pen.

For the last "muse" card, I stamped and cut out the woman and 
just made some doodle lines around her.

Hope you got inspired to make some ATCs of your own using the wonderful stamps from
Rubber Dance :)

Melina

http://www.rubberdance.com/



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
I LOVE your ATC's Melina! What a cool and fun way to make the backgrounds!
The white stamped images really stand out on top of the colourful backgrounds, absolutely stunning. Thank you! I'm so happy to have you creating with us!! ♥
Beautiful ATC, your background is stuning and love the thème!
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Melina. Wow! The background sounds like a fun technique...I must give it a go! All of the ATC's look fabulous.
Dot x
Super ATC's Melina and how splendid to hear your backgrounds were created during playtime with your Daughter. Your effects are fabulous!! Hugs from Tracey xx
Sue said…
These are amazing Melina, this sounds like a really fun technique, and what fabulous results AND you can doodle, is there no end to your talents! :-) Have a great week, Sue xx
Thank you so much for your sweet comments <3
ionabunny said…
Love those backgrounds. Must try that technique. Sounds like fun LOL. Love the flowers in their hair. Beautiful ATC's. Hugz
Wow so much gorgeousness in one place!
Hugs
Donna xx
Beautiful ATC's Melina! The technique looks like fun, I will try that :-)
Hugs, Anita ♥
Susanne Rose said…
Melina! Your ATCs are super awesome. I love the lovely colourful background againts the black and white images. Super job! Hugs!
Jackie PN said…
very cool atc's Melina!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button