Envelopes, Envelopes! By Judi Kauffman

By Judi Kauffman for Rubber Dance

Thanks for inviting me back as a guest designer!

I’ve got a confession to make. I sometimes like stamping envelopes more than making the cards that go inside of them. Envelopes are inexpensive and meant to be thrown away once they’re opened so there is zero stress if something isn’t quite perfect. I spread out a dozen or so at a time and whip up a batch that uses the same stamps and ink(s), each envelope one-of-a-kind within the series.



Care to give it a try? Simply fill a table with your favorite stamps (a LOT of them in varying sizes), a few acrylic blocks (I use low-tack double sided tape on mine, and nothing on the back of the unmounted rubber), and an inkpad or two to get things rolling. Stop at a dozen or set aside the first batch and keep stamping! The more you make the more ideas will pop up. At about 3 cents each, why not!


Go for a quirky, whimsical look or keep things serene and elegant. No rules, no planning needed other than leaving an open area for the name and address.

Once you’re done stamping, stack up the envelopes, get out the markers and pencils and head for a comfy chair to color and doodle. Choose bright offbeat colors like I did or go for a combo like navy, sepia, buttercream yellow and metallic gold.

Go forth and stamp envelopes!

Judi K.


All stamps are from Rubber Dance:
Mail Art
The Pearfect Pear
Face Up
Artfully Stamped
Bon Voyage
Eiffel Tower
Old Book Page







Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Judi! I have been looking forward to publishing your guest post. Love your envelopes!! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such fun and quirky happy mail? I nodded in agreement when I read your confession. Sometimes I just want to get some ink on my fingers, but I may not feel up to making a card so I decorate a batch of envelopes instead. I often use stencils and ink sprays, which is so quick and easy, then add some stamping on top (of course).
Oh, one more thing: Love how you stamped the faces inside the pears!! ♥
ike said…
Very cool - these all look so good. What a fabulous idea :-) xxx
Sue said…
I really like these, I love how relaxed you are with them, it would make them a really fun project xx
Ink Art Designs said…
I love the collage effect on these envelopes! It's easy to over think things and get bogged down in a project...what a wonderful way to just have fun 💙
Dot x
ionabunny said…
Lovely envelopes and fun idea. I like the idea of making a batch at once. Hugz
Jane said…
These are really brilliant, they must make Mr Postie smile! x
Mac Mable said…
Absolutely brilliant! Love the idea of being relaxed about it...as you say the stress is taken out of it. Great colour combinations and the layout are fabulous. Thank you for the amazing inspiration x
I love them! Thank you so much for the inspiration. Off stamping on some envelopes :)
Judi K said…
Thank you for all of the great comments - envelopes really are fun, a wonderful way to experiment with a mix of stamps, to try unexpected combinations. Go for it!
Susanne Rose said…
Your envelopes are so so cool Judi!!! I LOVE the red stamping with the touch of green colouring. Thank you. Hugs!
Cheetarah said…
Wow Judi, these are just awesome! I love making Mail Art myself and these are just amazing! Who wouldn't love to receive something that beautiful in the mail?
Jackie PN said…
Judi!! These are just Fabulous!!! So very inspiring- thank you for sharing!
Jackie xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button