Things With Wings Art Journal Page by Dot

Hi everyone,
I hope all is well where ever you are. 
The sun is shining here and it is going to be a beautiful day.

I've an Art Journal page to share with you
and a look at how my thoughts went as
it all came together.


My art journal is a ring binder one so it allows me to remove the pages,
which I love.

It starts off a little bit of a mess, but it does come together in the end.



Are you ready to follow my thinking?
Some might say that that might be a dangerous thing.
Here we go ...


Thought 1:  Just slap some colour onto the page Dot!  I've used paint for this and then removed some of it through a stencil before it dried.






Thought 2:  Wow, that's a bit bright, knock it back with a lighter colour Dot!  I've added a bright yellow (deciding to stick with this month's colour theme) and then added some stamping. Gosh, the writing is crooked! I'll cover that later.





Thought 3:  Dot, you really need to cover some of that brightness! Using an old credit card I've added some white paint. I love how you can get a speckly effect by flattening the card. I decided to bring some of the brownish colour forward again with some stenciling.




Thought 4:  Come on Dot, time for some fun with stamps! Things With Wings came to mind.  I've used this set before, but not the leaves or dragonflies. I stamped some leaves randomly onto the page and coloured them with pencils. My credit card was still sitting nearby so I decided to add a little texture by using it to add lines of colour.




Thought 5:  What am I going to do with the dragonflies???  I brayered some colour onto my gel plate and printed it off. Then rolled my brayer onto a spare piece of card. Why not use both pieces?  I added some more coloured pencils and a little white gel pen.  I am really enjoying just playing.




Thought 6:  Right Dot, time to bring this baby home!  I added some more stamping with Old Book Page (one of my all time fav RD stamps!), doodled a border. Went around the leaves with black pencil and anything else black that I had on hand. The leaves started to pop away from the background. 




The dragonflies were then stuck down.
Some words chosen from Mix A Sentiment.
A little bit more black added around the dragonflies and words.
And the page is done!

The stamps used on this page are:

    

Other Products Used Were:
Dina Wakley Paints,
Inktense Pencils
Stencils


A quick reminder that there is still time to enter our
challenge over on facebook.
You will have lots of fun making something
and maybe win an awesome prize too!



Rubber Dance stamps are also available in Australia
at Ink Art Designs (that's my shop).
A HUGE range is available because I really do love
these stamps. They stamp beautifully!!!

Happy Stamping!
Dot x


Comments

Ellie Knol said…
"It starts off a little bit of a MESS, but it does come together in the end" .. this sentence made me look for MESS.. where was that ? Change the word to PROCess.. this is art... not right or wrong.. do I have to tell you that ?! :) It turned out beautiful, and the layers of paint add to the beauty of it. Have you done the Layered Page FREE course? NO? You should.. it's about the layers you've done here, and to enhance that..
ingunnsinekort said…
Love the colors and the beautiful stamps! And most of all it is fun to read your toughts along the way:)
Ina G said…
Looks fabulous Dot. Loved reading your thoughts as you went. So many 'lovelies' added and super colours.
Unknown said…
It can never be too bright for me Dot. It looks fabulous and inspirational. I'm going to give it a go 😍💃

Susanne Rose said…
This is really pretty!!! Thank you so much!!!
Leslie said…
Hello! I've stopped by this morning to thank you for sponsoring the 2019 Cat Lovers Hop over at Her Peaceful Garden! This is my first year participating (we have 8 fur babies) and I'm blown away! The prize you're offering is absolutely amazing and much appreciated!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands