Spooky Halloween Tag by Evelyn

Hello lovely Rubber Dancer, it´s Evelyn today!

I admit, I am not a Halloween lover, but sometimes I like to make something a bit spooky and dark. So I made a tag in classic Halloween colors with some gold and silver.


I used a tag from a packaging, gessoed it and put a generous amount of crackle paint on top. When dry, I painted the surface with orange acrylic paint, added a coat of weathered wood crackle glaze and dryed it. On top of this I painted different acrylic paints (purple, orange, umbra, black, ultramarine blue) and for a little drama with gold acrylic paint. Well, the crackling didn´t work that good this time, but I guess, the reason is, that I was too impatient.
Now I stamped on the background in brown and black with the following stamp sets:
and with grey ink 
The vocal image, the raven from the stamp set Nesting, I stamped on tissue paper, tore it out and glued it with matte medium to my tag. I painted it with black acrylic paint to make it stand out more.
I wanted to look it a little bit more spooky, so I used one stamp from the stamp set Face Up, stamped it with grey ink on tissue paper and glued it to the background. I love, how it turned out!
Lastly I embellished  the tag with silver painted twiggs, spiderweb, a little felt bat and some word sticker.





That´s it for today! I hope you like my tag!

Thank you for your visit and have a spooky October!

Rubber Dance Stamps:
Nesting
Grungy Sets - buy both
Mix a Sentiment
Twiggy Leaves

Comments

Ink Art Designs said…
I love the spookiness of the face peeking through ... it looks awesome. Love these colours too Evelyn. You have shown some really great ideas.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands