Autumnal Cards - Embossing Resist with Watercolours

Hello!

It´s Melina here today with a card tutorial for you, 
using the wonderful I Love Leaves stamp set.


Here´s what I did:
I stamped some different leaves from the stamp set onto watercolour paper and 
embossed them with gold embossing powder.


I did the same thing on a card panel, also watercolour paper, but this time 
I stamped the same leaf several times. 


I used watercolours from Prima and Winsor & Newton.
For this card I went for a background with cold colours to make a striking contrast
against the warm colours of the leaves that I´m planning to make.


For the second card I´m planning to cut the leaves out, so I´m not really 
bothered to colour them inside the lines.


When the blue colour of my first card is totally dry, 
I continue to colour the leaves in.


When the watercolour on the leaves is dry, I give the leaves a gentle rub with a dry cloth 
to take any extra pigment off the gold embossed areas.
I used words from the Beautiful Words stamp set, backed my card panels with black cardstock
and adhered onto card bases.


On this card I used Old Book Page in the background, and yes, it`s upside down ;)
I also added 3D tape under two of the leaves for some dimension.




Thank you for stopping by today, and hope you all get a 
wonderful, creative weekend!
xx Melina

Rubber Dance stamps used:




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous cards, Melina! Love the gold embossing, it gives the leaves a shine that looks absolutely stunning!! Beautifully coloured too.
Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Lia said…
Beautiful! I am blown away by these gorgeous leaves...
Lia xx
This is gorgeous Melina, I must say you’ve brought those wonderful leaves to life
Hugs
Donna xx
Dorthe said…
Melina, they are such gorgeous leaves, I really love how you made them loo so real, and the embossing creates just magic !!
Hugs
Dorthe, xx
Thank you so much sweet ladies 💕
Susanne Rose said…
I love these cards Melina!!! They are so elegant. xx Susanne.
Ink Art Designs said…
I love seeing how easily you use water colours, with such a great effect. The leaves with the sky background really do look like falling leaves.
Dot x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button