Butterfly Girl Distress Crayons Card by Dot

Hi everyone,
It's Dot here with a fun card for you that uses Distress Crayons, a little Distress Ink and some fabulous Rubber Dance stamps.


The background for this is made with Distress Crayons using the colours from this month's challenge over on facebook.

After you've covered your card thinly with white gesso, the crayons are so easy to blend together with a damp finger. Then all you do is take some crayon off with a stencil and baby wipe, and add some colour on through the stencil.

The sentiment is one that I've put together myself using the Mix A Sentiment stamp set.



It was easy to stamp the whole sheet and then cut out the words that I wanted to use. I LOVE this 
stamp set! I'll stamp up some more of these so that I've got them ready to use.

Weed Love has some dandelion stamps in the set and they were perfect for the Butterfly Girl to fly around.

I was watching Gerry's recent video, here, and she showed a wonderful way to use the Grungy Borders stamp, so I decided to give it a go as part of the edging on my card. It worked a treat!!!  Thanks Gerry for a great tip.

The Butterfly Girl #2 was so easy to do too! I simply stamped the image and swiped her through some distress ink on my craft sheet.  The way that I kept her body 'un-inked' was to hold my fingers over that part of the image.  The ink only goes onto the wings this way.  Then cut her out.

Stamps Used Are:

   


Other Products Were:
Distress Crayons
Distress Ink

I hope you've enjoyed this card.
Don't forget to check out our facebook group and the monthly challenges.
Even if you don't enter the challenge (which has awesome prizes - just saying), there are still some amazing inspiration and ideas for you to see.

Happy Stamping!
Dot x

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Fabulous my dear! I'd have never thought about such a cool sentiment. Love it!
Ink Art Designs said…
Thanks Susanne. This word set is going to be soooo much fun!!!
ingunnsinekort said…
Gorgeous background for the sweet butterfly girl! love The "framing" of the card:)

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button