Sea Creatures Page by Angie Coomber

Hello! Angie here with a loose art journal page for you.


As I often do, I began by randomly adhering torn up bits of ephemera and washi tape to my page.


Next I sketched out a rough circle and then painted around it, using 3 shades of blue/green.
I didn't gesso the page as I usually include some white with my colours, which helps to blend them and also gives extra opacity in areas where it is needed. For this page I used Paper Artsy paints.


I added some white stenciling, black background stamping with stamps from the Textured Sea Creatures set and went over the circle outline with Distress Crayons. I also filled the circle in with white paint. Next I added some gold splatter & some Quinacridone Gold marks.


I am quite a “lazy” stamper, so I tend to paint a master board and then fill it up with stamped images, so I always have spare images if I need them. I used stamps from Textured Sea Creatures and Loose Florals #2.  As you can see here I have quite a few spares left to play with in the future!


I chose the images I wanted for my page and glued them on, then added some white doodling, Stickles, words from Mix A Sentiment #2, and finally sewed around the page.


I really hope you like it.


Hugs from Angie

Stamps used:

https://www.rubberdance.de/big-sheets/loose-florals-2/https://www.rubberdance.de/big-sheets/textured-sea-creatures/


https://www.rubberdance.de/small-sheets/mix-a-sentiment-2/

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a gorgeous page Angie! I love that summer mood! Thank you so much for sharing the instructions!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Bleu, Blanc, Rouge

Love This Life