Lot's of Love Valentines Cards by Gerry van der Velden with video turorial


Hi lovely Rubber Dance friends, it's Gerry on the blog today with some love inspired cards, we have Valentines day coming up, right. And if you are not a Valentine's fan, anytime is a good time to send some love, after all love is all you need:-)


In the tutorial I show you the different techniques used on all three cards so make sure to watch the video to see all techniques at work.

If you haven't seen the Easy Mixed Media Cards With nuvo Shimmer powder video yet, I have some more Arty Hearty inspired cards for you there, so make sure to take a peek.


For the first card I stamped the Grungy Butterflies with Distress Oxide Wild Honey, I made splats with the same ink and with Abandoned coral. I doodle a bit along the side of the card.


I stamped and cut the Alphabet Uno letters and added the word love  on a black background to the card.


I stamped freehand with the Old Bookpage and Distress Oxide Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey. 

I stamped the Arty Hearty heart with black Versafine ink and embossing ink over it and added a layer of clear embossing powder.


I coloured the heart with the same ink and a waterbrush. I coloured the edge of the card with the Abandoned coral and an ink blending tool. 

I stamped some hearts and the sentiment and fussy cut them and matted them on black card and added them to the card.


For the last card I stamped the Alphabet Uno letters and heat embossed them in three takes with different colours, so one colour at a time. I stamped partly over the previous letters. 

I added some splats with Blendable Dye Ink Tea rose and coloured the edge with the same ink.


I coloured the letters with alcohol markers leaving the part where they overlap open. And I finished with a stamped sentiment from the Journal Words and some Nuvo jewel drops.

I hope you liked this post and make sure to keep on crafting!
Gerry van der Velden



      
   

Comments

ingunnsinekort said…
Gorgeous cards! love the video:)
Susanne Rose said…
WOW! I love these cards!!! Thank you so much for the great video!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!