3D Hot Air Balloons by Melina

Hello crafty friends!

It´s Melina here today sharing these hot air ballons.
I´ll take you through the process of making them step by step below.


I stamp the balloon from the In the Air stamp set 8 times to make one balloon.
I decided to make three balloons, but fortunately the balloon is really easy to cut out.


When the 8 balloons are cut out, fold them in half.
No, the balloon is not perfectly symetric - the design is hand drawn after all ;)


Glue the pieces together back to back until you get a 3D balloon like this.


Go over the edges with a matching ink, and you´ll never notice 
it´s not perfect. Or, use a scissors and trim the edges so they get perfectly even.


Stamp the basket - 2 times for each balloon.


Cut the bottom and top straight and glue the 2 pieces together
forming a little tube.


To be able to hang the balloon, pass a double sewing thread
through the middle space of the balloon and use a bead as a stop. 
I made a long needle from a piece of wire.


Glue short pieces of sewing thread into the basket and attach 
to the balloon. Done!


Here´s one of my balloons hanging in the window in my craft room :)
I think these turned out so cute. Imagine a bunch of them hanging from 
the ceiling in a kids room :)


Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Hope you got inspired to make your own.
Love, Melina

Rubber Dance stamps used:



Comments

Dot said…
They look fantastic! I can imagine them hanging in a child's room too. I love that the design isn't 'perfectly symmetrical', they are hand-drawn and beautiful.
Dot x
Susanne Rose said…
Such a super cool idea!!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands