Wrapped Canvas by GDT Gabrielle

Hi Rubber Dance Universe, this is Gabriele from Cologne Germany. I'm a mixed media artist and proud to be the August Rubber Dance guest designer.
 

Today I made a 5 x 5 cm wrapped canvas as a gift to put into happy mail using the
 

First I glued down tissue paper and a punched black cardboard circle. 
 
 
I coloured the tissue with blue and sand watercolour and stamped a butterfly on mixed media paper. 
 
 
I used a leaf primer pen randomly on the wings to put some gold leaf on them.
 
 
After swiping the excess gold leaf away with a soft brush I cut the butterfly out and glued it loosely onto the black circle, because I don't want it to be totally flat. I gave the wings a little bow up with my fingers for 3D effect and coloured it with watercolour. 


I stamped the quote on wrinkled packing paper (to bring more sand colour in) and glued it down. With a black gel pen I did some outlining and drew some hearts on the tissue paper.  I decided to also fill some of them with gold leaf.  Finally I added some turquoise watercolour on the butterflies wings and on the edges of the canvas. 
 
I had a lot of fun with this and love how it came out. 
 
Gabrielle will be back again later this month.
You can see more of her makes on her Instagram page.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi