Art Journaling with Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends. It's Susanne today and I have some step by step instructions for this Art Journal page.


Let the fun begin:

1. Add some paper scraps to your page with Gel Medium an cover it with Gesso.


 2. Emboss the spiral from the Round In Circles set. I used a piece of scrap paper to mask the lower part.

3. Add color with Brushos. I add the pigments to the page and spray water on top. The embossing acts as a resist. So the color will not stay on the spiral.

4. Add a little blue with the Gelato Cotton Candy. Blend the color with a wet finger.

 5. Cut a mask for the spiral and stamp images arround it. I used the Travel, Alphabeth Uno and For The Birds set together with Archival Ink jet black. Add some doodling with a black marker.


6. Add more doodling with Pitt Pastel pencils. This adds more dynamic and interest to your page.



7. Stamp the bird onto tissue paper and adhere it with Gel Medium. Add some black splatters with a black spray paint and some shadows with the Gelato Black Licorice.


8. Make some stamping with the images from the Rock Carvings and Travel sets.



9. Add the title with the brand new letters from the Alphabet Uno set. I stamped them on white paper, cut them out and adhered them to the page. Add some more doodling with markers or pastel pencils.







I hope you like my page. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask in the comments. See you soon, Susanne.

Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
Alphabeth Uno
For the Birds
Rock Carvings
Travel

You will get 15% discount  on your next order in the Rubber Dance Online Store when you enter "susanne2016" during checkout.




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Fantastic page, Susanne! It's such a strong statement... I think the bird is wondering what the heck the humans are doing to this world.
Very clever use of stamps, like the spiral with the buildings and what not on it. I'm impressed that you came up with that idea. Love it!!!
Thank you for a great page and tutorial!
♥♥♥
What a great page, Susanne! I love it! I am very impressed of that you make the spiral stamps to a sunrice. I see a sunrice :) Thank you for Your great tutorial. Wish you a very nice weekend!
Hugs, Anita ♥
Kristiina said…
This is beautiful. I love that the sentiment requires a stop and second look :)
Craftyfield said…
It's a great page, I feel you've enjoyed making it too!
Gerrina said…
Again a beautiful creation Susanne!
Karen Petitt said…
Beautiful and oh so awesome! Thank you so much for the step by step I love your finished page Karen xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button