Vacation Time


Yes, it's January and with Christmas gone and forgotten I'm already longing for a holiday! So I decided to dig out one of my oldest but best loved Rubber Dance sets and create a card with a travel theme.

I turned to my favourite ever colour scheme - blue and brown again! - and created in a vintage style which I think really suits this particular stamp set.



Here's how I made it:

1) Stamp the Venetian image, 'carte postale' and the postcard onto white card. Watercolour them with Distress Inks and a water brush. I used these colours: Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo. Crumble the Venetian scene and postcard to age them and ink the edges.

2) Splatter a cream A6 card with Tumbled Glass Distress Spray. Stamp the card with various images in Sepia and Jet Black Archival Inks. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo.

3) Layer the cut out images onto the card blank with 3D foam for dimension - and you're done. Not a difficult card to create this one :).

Katy x

I used these lovely Rubber Dance stamps;

Travel

Postcard

Envelope Stamps


Comments

Majo said…
So very vintage, love it ♥
Craftyfield said…
Love this stamp set too and the Vintage colours do go well with the images. Lovely make!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button