Artist Trading Block by Susanne Rose


It's my day today as a guest designer on the Rubber Dance blog! My name is Susanne Rose and I am from Germany. I'm very happy to share with you my Artist Trading Block today. I used the Travel stamp set to create it. I really love the Rubber Dance stamps! They are high quality and so versatile!

Here's the tutorial on how I created the Block. There are also more close ups at the end of this post.

First of all you need two pieces of craft cardstock that measure  8 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch.
You need to score both of them at:  1/2", 3", 5 1/2", 8".

Before the block will be build it needs to be painted and stamped. I started with an irregular  layer of gesso.

After this is dry I paint with my Gelato® Chocolate and blend the color with my finger.

Before I start stamping I distress my background using a stencil (Tim Holtz Speckles) and a baby wipe. On the areas covered with gesso the Gelato color will come off if you wipe with the baby wipe through the stencil. After that I started stamping with Archival Ink Coffee.

After I colored with some Distress Inks I put the block together.

I fuzzy cut the compass, colored it with Distress Ink Mustard Seed and added some golden Stickles. The flowers are dies from Marianne Design.





I hope like the ATB. I'd be happy if you'd also visit my blog.

See you next time,
Susanne.

To find the Travel stamps used for this project, go to this page: http://rubberdance.com/travel.html

Comments

Majo said…
Love it, so very, very vintage!
Anonymous said…
Oh I love this one! Very cool vintage style!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you so much, Susanne! The instructions are so easy to follow - thank you for sharing those with us. Wonderful ATB!! :-)))
xox
Cataleya said…
WOW!!! Susanne, it's so beautiful!!!
~Olga Kovalchuk
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you very much!
Ashley H said…
Wow really neat! Sounds like something easy enough that *I* could do it - thanks for explaining it so well. & I like the fussy cutting too - I don't do that often enough!
Steph Ackerman said…
This is gorgeous. Love all the details.
TwinkleToes2day said…
Excellent ATB and excellent instructions. So easy, even I could do it. Many thanks for sharing :D
Unknown said…
Fabulous! I adore that background technique - I might be borrowing that idea! This stamp set is wonderful and you have shown it off beautifully. I need this die now LOL x
Irit Shalom said…
Fantastic ATB! Love it a LOT!
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks for your lovely comments!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button