Doodle Flower Cards by GDT Ellie Knol

Guest designing is always a honour to me, and I want to thank Susanne for this chance to feature her beautiful stamps! 
This is not the first time I am a guest designer for Rubberdance; I did some guest designing a few years ago as well. 

Today a series of five cards... with the beautiful Doodle Flowers stamp set.
I totally went for the images, and 'forgot' to use the monthly color for September. 

ENJOY.. I added some details through the post.  


Starting with a colorful watercolored background  is always a good start. 


I chose to stamp right onto the background, and not fussy cut the main images. I used Versafine black and heat embossed it in clear.  


Masking the main image and stamp in the background with the leaf images, using a stamping platform. This way I could add some watered down white Fresco acrylic paint to the images, and re-stamp again after the paint had dried.


For the final touch I added color to the main images with Twinkling H2O watercolors and added some white to the images with a white acrylic marker and a gel pen.  


The watercolor splatters,
the Vintage Script and
number (from Butterfly Girl Postoid stamp)
in the background gives it some more depth.

Hope you like these and got inspired by the techniques and/or stamps! ! 


Close-ups of all 5 cards: 







Go play! 

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
WOW!!! I adore these cards!!! They are so pretty! Thank you for making them!!!
chantal said…
Wow, what a beutiful card. Love the vintage look
Chantal
ingunnsinekort said…
Gorgeous cards! I love the colors and the way you made the flowers stand out:)

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!