Boxy bag by GDT Ellie Knol


I was inspired by DT member Evelyn to take away the dust from my sewing machine. 

She showed the making of a boxy bag in her blogpost "Something slightly different with Grungy Butterflies". 



So I decided to give that a go with the Doodle Flower stamp set and the Vintage Script.



I thought I was going to keep the flowers white if I covered it with a medium first. It helped a little, but color seeped to the back of the flowers too; that's fabric... 

I tried to get the flowers white with some bleach.. that didn't work.. I thought maybe Twinkling H2o's don't react to bleach ...  I was a bit fed up with it, and decided to splatter the bleach onto the background.. suddenly white splashes appeared everywhere. 

I think the reason it did not react to the bleach is because I ironed the fabric to dry after the inking. ... Propably the color went into the medium and made it permanent ...



I like the splashes anyway... 



I decided to color the flowers with Twinkling H2o's before securing the fabric with a varnish, and thinned wood glue on the backside. This gave me a sturdy material to work with.


I like the back of the fabric too :) .


I really had to stick with Evelyn's video how she did the sewing of the corners (the last step), but in the end it worked out fine. Thanks Evelyn! 


As far as I am concerned, the bottom of the bag is the nicest part of the background.. how did that happen?   Maybe it's because it was the centre of the fabric..

Look : this time I've used the monthly color combination!
Happy Stamping!

Ellie Knol from PAPER-STAMPS-COLOR


A reminder that Rubberdance has a challenge that goes all month on their Facebook page which you can find here.  It is always ANYTHING GOES/ or the colour combo if you wish.

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
WOW! What a brilliant and beautiful idea!!! Love it so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!