"Our Lifetime" by Angie Coomber

Hello! I'm so excited to be here! 
My name is Angie, I love mixed media, art journaling in particular, but also anything miniature, altered art, altered books, making cards, ATCs...you get the picture! 
If it involves paper and paints I'm there. My biggest influences over the last few years have been Kate Crane, Tracy Scott and of course Susanne!

For this post I decided to make an art journal page, so here goes.


I started off by painting my background, using turquoise, green, pink and a little bit of white acrylic paint.


I added some stencilling and mark making, using the same colours.


Next some rubber stamping in black - I was once taught to use 3 different background stamps and group them together on different areas of the page and i think it works quite well.


I added some patches of white paint and black paint, using my fingers. And some gold splatter! I don't  think I've done many pages without a little bit of gold splatter...


Now the really exciting bit - I always have a little stash of stamped images - usually stamped on gelli prints or spare bits of background papers (I'm not a lover of colouring in) and for this page I chose some of the delicious Rubber Dance flowers and butterflies.


I am a big fan of the Tim Holtz paper dolls, which are the focal image of this page.

Last but not least, some white doodling (my pen of choice is a Posca pen) and a little quote, which always finishes a page off for me.



Thank you for having me, and I really hope you like it!
Big hugs x





Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Super great page! I love all the texture and the colours!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi