Distress Oxides, Gel Plate and Stamping on a Card - Dot

Hi everyone,
Welcome to my tutorial today.

I decided to play with my round gel plate and oxides for a change.  It's weird how pale the colours look on the gel plate compared to how they print out. The same thing happens with Archival inks.


This is the finished card.
I only used two stamp sets this time.  Can you guess which ones?

Here we go with how it all comes together.  It's easier than you think!

     



These pics show you the masking that I did to start with.  Stamp the lion first, mask him, stamp the rhino and then add a mask to him also.




 



 I had the idea to create some white space on my print, for a word to go into later.
So I die-cut a small circle and placed it off-center directly onto the gel plate.
Then I added some wild honey and spiced marmalade DO's over the surface.


Using walnut stain DO's, I stamped some small leaves everywhere
You might be able to see it vaguely.






With the masks still in place I stamped the gel plate onto the card.
By doing it this way I could see where the placement would be.
Let the ink sit for a bit so that as much as possible goes onto the card.  You can see how much brighter the ink is now compared to when it was on the gel plate.






For this part I am still using oxides.
I combined wild honey, spiced marmalade and walnut stains onto the leaf stamp and stamped it multiple times.  This gives a fading effect each time you use it without reinking.




This is the first time that I've removed the masks!
Using the same small leaf that we used on the gel plate, I've stamped randomly with walnut stain DO's.





I had stamped and cut out the giraffe from card that had the same three colours on it, except I used plain distress ink.  
It is a brighter colour than the oxides and I wanted the giraffe to stand out a little more.
You know, smooch the ink onto craft sheet, spritz with a little water, dip the card in, dry, dip again, dry and so on.
I wanted some white space on the giraffe so, when I stamped him onto the card, I chose areas that had no colour.  I just love the effect of it.

As an after thought - I decided that I needed some more black for balance. I put the masks back on the animals and stamped the small leaf with black ink.

And here is the finished card again ... with the word added into the white space.



Stamps used were:

   

African Animals and Twiggy Leaves.

Other Products were:
Gel Plate
Distress Oxides
Distress Ink
Archival Ink


A quick reminder that we have a challenge over on our facebook group that you might enjoy entering


We hope to see you there!

In the meantime
Happy Stamping!

Dot x

Comments

I love this Dot, it's right up my street! I really like how you've used a mix of colour and monochrome together, it works really well. Great tutorial too, thank you x
Susanne Rose said…
What a brilliant card Dot! I love that circle idea! Super cool!
ionabunny said…
Wow, this is so cool. You are a master with the masks. I have never used a gel plate but you inspire me to try. Love this card Dot. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial Tuesday - A Mini Album by Sue

Atc´s Textured Birds by Verónica

NEW STAMPS!!!

Join our Combined Blog Hop!