Low Flying Sheep Clock

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the DT here.   I haven't altered a clock for a while, but when I saw the new Textured Spring stamps I decided it was time!  Then Bibi made a very cool card with jumping sheep and well.......



I started with an Ikea clock that I dismantled.  Then I sprayed the plastic frame with green paint and used Pebeo Fantasy Prisma Gold paint in the channel.  



I used the net stamp from Retro Beach and gold acrylic paint to add some texture to the clock frame.  


I cut a circle of card and using a credit card and my fingers I made a mess with white, green, yellow and purple acrylic paint.



I stamped with green distress inks on the background using Grungy Harlequin and Grungy Swirls background stamps.  I stamped and embossed with black embossing powder lots of flowers from Textured Flowers, coloured them with bright distress inks and fussy cut them.  I placed a circle of half flowers around the edge of my background.  



Then I added whole flowers between the halves, a sheep at 6 o'clock and some of the muscari.  



I stamped a sheep on acrylic with Staz-on ink and added some legs.   I attached her to the minute hand of the clock.   I have painted the clock hands with Fresco Finish Limelight paint.

 
I added a fussy cut muscari flower to the hour hand and some doodle wool stamping to the seconds hand.  

I hope I have inspired you to stamp a little spring into your life.
There is still time to join the current challenge - Everything Spring.  


  Thanks for dropping by.  I have made two clocks in this style previously using Rubber Dance stamps, one with Artist Plate Stamps and one with African Animals Stamps.  Just in case you wanted to check them out ;) LOL

My blog: Crafty Nomad

Joining the fun at

Comments

ike said…
Eeeeeee !!!! Super AWESOME !!! I LUV it :-D :-D xxxxxxxxx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Holy sheep, this clock is SO cool!!! Love the flying lambs. Beautiful and fun idea!!
Thank you, Gail! ♥
What a fun piece Gail, full of spring with its vibrant use of colour. I adore it xx
Fliss said…
An awesome bit of altering Gail and the jumping sheep is such a fab idea on a clock too. Love it!
Fliss xx
aussie aNNie said…
Great way to tell the time...love this alteration. xx ♥[aNNie]
Susanne Rose said…
Oh wow!!! This is the most awesome piece I've ever seen. I LOVE it Gail!!!
Wow this is amazing!! Such beautiful zingy colours too,brought a smile to my face ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Mac Mable said…
Utterly amazed at the creativity of your clock. How clever, such fun and so creative...Amazing and thank you for the inspiration x
<3 Love <3 Love <3 Love! Beautiful project, love the colors, makes me realy happy, just looking at it:) Job well done!
Craftyfield said…
So cool Gail! It's fun and bright and so original!
Emma Williams said…
What a fabulous project...so creative and so much fun, it's amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)
Unknown said…
Wow what a creative project! I love the colours! Thanks dor joining the challenge at Scrappiness; #3 Mixed Media. Hugs, DT Helga 😊

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button