Little Houses - Easter Home Decor by Susanne

Hi everyone!
It's Susanne here today and I'd like to share my newest Easter home decor with you. I was so inspired by the tiny houses from the Tim Holtz newest collection with Sizzix, that I designed my own houses in my Silhouette studio. I love this neutral look for my easter home decor.


I cut the shapes from craft cardstock, added some old book paper with Gel Medium and covered everything with gesso.



In my next step I used stamps from the Gather Together , Birdies, Antique Botanicals and Feathered Friends sets together with Archival Ink Jet Black and Coffee.


I added some earthy colour tones with Martha Steward acrylic craft paint and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics.


Of course I wanted to have a little bit of three dimensional texture, too. So I picked the DecoArt Media Crackle paste and add a some of it here and there with different stencils.


You can achieve an amazing effect with the DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream. Add it all over the textured areas, let it dry and wipe it off with a baby wipe.




I stamped my main images on tissue paper  and adhered them with Gel Medium.
(Bird is from the B for Bird set, Egg is from the Big Egg).


After I adhered the sentiments I used double sided tape to build the houses together.


Finally I added some shadows to the buttom with a dark watersoluble crayon.


Here are some close-ups:












Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.



Supplies:
Rubber Dance Stamps:

Others:
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
DecoArt Media Antiquing Creme
DecoArt Media Gel Medium
Archival Ink Jet Black, Coffee
Brown Acrylic Craft Paint
Kraft Cardstock





Comments

Arty Beginnings said…
This is really stunning - love all the photos, great tutorial, thank you. Rachel
aussie aNNie said…
Very artistic Susanne, love this gorgeous bird house.Have a great weekend.x[aNNie]
Cool Easter bird home, Susanne! Thanks for the step by step ❤
Hugs, Anita
Oh these are just soooo adorable!! Beautifully made,really stunning
Hugs
Donna xx
Mac Mable said…
You are so creative. Love all the details and what an amazing project x
Jackie PN said…
Susanne,
these are so clever and so quaint! thanks for sharing the steps!
hugs,Jackie
Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW! These are so beautiful and cool and fun! Thank you, Susanne! ♥ I want to make :)
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous. The crackly hearts and diamonds are so dimensional. Love how they stand out. Love the bird theme. Hugz
Gerrina said…
Love the shapes of your houses and all the texture!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

New Stamps!!!