Simplicity Sunday - A Simple Tag by Donna Gray

Hi everyone,

It's Donna with you today to show you how to make this simple tag with only 3 stamps ;)



I took a size 8 manilia tag and swooshed it through some diluted Distress Oxides on my craft mat (I used a brown, orange and grey). After it was dried thoroughly I then used some more brown Distress Oxide and a That's Crafty! Mini Stencil to create the cogs effect you see. I just wanted it to be subtle and not over power the main stamping.

Next step was to use this wonderful stamp called da Vinci Body Sketch and stamp it directly on the tag with black Archival ink. I added a little shading around her with a grey Zig Clean Colour pen but nothing else as I wanted the background to show through her making her almost transparent.

I then took the little heart that hangs from the tree in  Whimsical Summer, coloured it with a red pen and adhere it to the stamped figure.

Then using a dots stamp from the Textured Feathers set I stamped that in black Archival ink to add more interest to the background.

The finishing touches were a couple of Tim Holtz Clippings Stickers, edging the tag with black ink and then adding a piece of hessian ribbon.

I hope you like my simple tag on Simplicity Sunday!


Donna xx




Stamps Used:

Textured Feathers

Whimsical Summer

da Vinci Body Sketch




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Really cool and beautiful tag, Donna! Love the background and how it shows through the stamped woman. The read heart adds interest and is a cute detail.
Thanks for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Fliss said…
A beautiful tag Donna and love the smooshed background effect. The heart really makes the main image pop too.
Fliss xx
Great tag! Wonderful background and I love that stamp too :)
The Da Vinci Sketch stamp works fabulously with your background Donna, reminds me of old parchment paper with those aged colours. Love how you have given her a heart, makes her come alive (no pun intended!!) xx
Sue said…
I love this Donna, you've given her a perfect background, and the heart is fab! xx
Ink Art Designs said…
This is a gorgeous tag Donna. I love the heart, it brings the statue to life.
Dot x
Gorgeous colours Donna, and love your background and especially the heart xx
Susanne Rose said…
What a stunning background! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button