Just Keep Swimming - A Clean and Simple Card by Sue

Hello and welcome to C&S Friday! It's Sue here with a fishy card.


Now I must admit that clean and simple does scare me a little, and I did have a bit of a false start (I stamped my sentiment upside down) but I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I just masked off the top and bottom of my card with removable magic tape then blended a Distress Ink panel. Then I stencilled gesso through a circle stencil, and carfully removed the tape. So far so good!
This is where the stamping platform really comes into it's own. I could stamp my fish, and if they didn't take too well over the gesso I can just re-stamp. I know it's C&S, but adding a layer isn't banned (I checked) but I did keep my stitching neat, and black (I think magenta would have looked nice ;-) ) The sentiment is also from the Something Fishy plate.
Stamps Used
Something Fishy

I have to say that C&S is growing on me, and I really enjoyed making this.
Have a lovely day, and thanks very much for looking xx


Comments

Kathyk said…
I'm a big fan of CAS and your card ROCKS!

Kathyk
Redanne said…
CAS scares me too Sue, but you have done a brilliant job with this fishy card! x
I love your fishy card Sue and to my eyes you look like a natural CAS-er.....yes I know there’s no such thing 😂
Hugs
Donna xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Beautiful card, Sue! Love the masking tip too. Thanks for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Craftyfield said…
Yes it's scary but it's great to show off your favourite designs without any "interference". You've done very well on this card, so maybe you'll get hooked and create more in the CAS style...
Susanne Rose said…
Super inspiration! Love this card!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!