A Little Birdie - A Colourful Tag

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today creating a colourful tag for you...I must be wishing for Spring already I think!






I used a size 8 manila tag and swooshed it through some Distress Oxides that I had already diluted on my craft mat with a spritz of water. I stuck to the pink, green and orange palette for this to create a muted background.

I then used a feather stamp from the Textured Feathers set, stamping with a blue Distress Oxide as I just wanted some subtle stamping in the background. I then added further stamping in black with a mixture of stamps from Weed Love and A Little Birdie .

I then used a sheet of Strathmore Mixed Media paper to stamp some more images from A Little Birdie and some flowers from the Textured Flowers set. I coloured these in with my Zig Clean Colour pens, then fussy cut them out to adhere to the tag.

I then added the sentiment from A Little Birdie as a fishing touch.

I hope you like my tag which I think may just well bring Spring that little bit closer.....hopefully!

Donna xx


Supplies Used:

A Little Bird

Textured Feathers

Textured Flowers

Weed Love











Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
It's a beautiful tag that certainly gives me a swarm, spring feeling! Love the vibrant colours, and I have to say that I'm impressed by how you combined stamps from different sets, such as the Textured Flowers popping up out of the Weed Love background, and the bird sitting on the branch from Mama Owl. Clever! (I need to work more on combining). Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous tag, Donna! ♥ ♥ ♥
This is so cheerful - makes my heart sing Donna!
oxo Susi
Adorable tag Donna, beautiful color play!
Gorgeous happy tag - love the colours xx
Fliss said…
A wonderfully colourful and cheerful tag Donna, really brightens up the day. Love it!
Fliss xx
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Donna, just what we need today! xx
Dorthe said…
So very beautiful, dear Donna, your happy spring bird, singing to the flowers, and that gorgeous background, you created. I always love ping mixed with yellow, it gives such a special warm tone. I love it , lovely friend.
Hugs from me, xxxx
Ink Art Designs said…
This is such a fresh tag Donna. It definitely has a Spring feel to it. I love how these stamps go together so beautifully.
Dot x
What a gorgeous tag! Spring seems a way off with this cold weather but this has brightened today at least!! Chrisx
Marjan said…
This is a very beautiful tag!
Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments
Hugs
Donna xx
Beautiful tag Donna, gorgeous colours 😊
Susanne Rose said…
I love this tag Donna! It make me feel like spring! Just wonderful!
Oh, how I love this tag! Such sunshine colours and bright and breezy images of the bird and flowers. I really love the detail of the meadow grasses in the background too. Gorgeous!
Alison x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button